Buy the Best Compact Powders at Woovly
A compact powder is one thing that you should definitely have in your makeup kit. It is a quick fix to a lot of skin imperfections like uneven skin tones, blemishes, scars, etc. Indian skin usually has a lot of pigmentation, especially around the eyes and the lips so a compact powder will help you in achieving an even skin tone. It can also be used while layering makeup products like foundation, concealer, etc. A compact helps in giving a matte finish to your makeup base and reducing the visibility of pores. The practicality of this makeup product makes it a must-have for everyone. Some of the best selling compact powders in Woovly are the coloressence Perfect Tone compact powder and Auric blend Easy Compact. If you are looking for compact powders in darker skin tones, you can check out the Note Cosmetics Luminous Silk Compact range and the Coloressence compact powder.
What are the benefits of compacts?
- Long-lasting Makeup- Sweat and oil can melt your makeup over time. But a compact gives you a quick fix for this problem. The compact absorbs excess oil from your face to make your makeup last longer.
- Gives you an even skin tone- If you select the right compact shade that fits your natural skin tone, it can make your complexion look even and bright. It acts as a concealer to even out your skin tone.
- Absorbs oil- It is not possible to redo your makeup every time your makeup starts melting off. A compact is perfect for your touch-ups when your face starts sweating and getting oily. It also helps in controlling excess sebum on your face to prevent issues like breakouts.
- Converts lipstick into matte- A compact can help you convert your regular lipstick into matte lipstick. This hack is so easy and efficient that you will not have to buy matte lipsticks anymore. Apply your creamy/ liquid lipstick on your lips and gently dab a layer of compact over it to get a matte texture.
- Eyeshadow base- a compact can even out the skin tone on your eyelids and give you the perfect base for your eye shadow. Apply a primer or moisturizer on your eyelids and dab some compact over them.
- Adds volume to your lashes- This is a quick hack to improve the volume of your lashes. Dab some compact powder using a brush on your eyelashes and then apply some mascara over it.
What is the difference between compact powder and loose powder?
There are so many different makeup products available for doing your makeup base and people are often confused between the compact and a loose powder. While the formulas of these products are somewhat similar, they perform different functions.
A compact powder is also known as a pressed powder because the product is pressed on the container to make it a solid block. It is formulated to blend in with your skin and oils. The main function of a compact powder is to hide skin imperfections and even out your skin tone.
A loose powder, as the name denotes, comes in the form of fine powdery particles in a jar or a tub. It is primarily used to set your makeup and prevent it from creasing. It is very translucent when you apply it to your face and can easily be removed using a brush.
A compact has a heavier formula so you will need a makeup remover to take it off. A compact has a very smooth and velvety texture on your skin but a loose powder gives you an airbrushed finish. In terms of being travel friendly, a compact is fuss-free and much easier to carry in your bag.
A loose powder is not travel friendly because it usually comes in a tub and has a very powdery formula so it could create a mess. A major difference between the compact and a loose powder is in terms of the variety of shades available.
Compact powders are more inclusive and come in a variety of shades that can seamlessly blend with your skin tone but a loose powder often comes in a translucent shade. Even though tinted loose powders are available, it does not come with a lot of shade options.
How to use a compact?
A compact is a fuss-free product that any beginner can use. It usually comes with an application sponge that helps in easily distributing the product over your skin. Clean your face and pat dry completely. Before using a compact, make sure to prime your face using a good quality primer. Once your skin is prepped with a primer, you can directly use a compact over your face. If you want to give more coverage, you can even use a concealer and foundation before using a compact. This will make sure that your skin looks flawless and unblemished.
How to select a compact?
Most people only consider their skin tone before selecting a compact. But you should also consider your skin type. There are different compacts available in Woovly that cater to different skin types like oily, dry, and combination skin. This will make sure that the product blends well with your skin and lasts long.
What compact is suitable for oily skin?
If you are someone with oily skin, I would recommend the Coloressence Compact Powder. The dusky shade is perfect for medium skin tones and the product absorbs any excess sweat and oil from your face to give a satiny finish.
The Auric Blend Easy compact is also suitable for people who are struggling with oily skin. It has a lightweight formula and comes in four different shades. It is suitable for all skin types but it works best for people with oily skin because of its ability to make your skin look oil-free.
What compact is suitable for dry skin?
For people with dry skin, something with a little moisture, like the Note cosmetics Luminous Silk compact would be good. It is enriched with Argan Oil which helps in hydrating dry skin. Before you use a compact, make sure that your face is clean and dry. Prep your face with a moisturizer and primer for best results.