Use Cream Bleach for a Radiant Face
How Does Bleach Cream Work
Bleach creams for the face are made with the primary bleaching agent, Hydrogen Peroxide. It is a popular chemical that lightens facial hair, removes tan, and reduces melanin production. Hydroquinone is another bleaching agent that exists in many face bleach cream formulations.
Bleach significantly reduces superficial acne marks, ageing patches, pigmentation, or discolouration. Any skin bleaching treatment reduces unwanted blemishes and dark spots that are caused by overexposure to the sun and other external factors. Facial bleaching cream is considered the easiest and fastest method of reducing hyperpigmentation. It brings an instant glow by bleaching the facial hair, saving you from the pain of several stressful facial hair removal methods. When you use facial bleach correctly, even-toned skin is assured. Despite being a chemical-based agent, hydrogen peroxide or hydroquinone in facial bleach creams are necessary and used in the recommended percentage of about 3 per cent.
Prep Guide Before Bleaching Your Face
Bleaching your face at home is a mammoth task as it takes both patience and expertise. However, with this easy to follow preparatory guide, you get a gist of all the precautions you can take for the before, during, and aftercare process of bleaching. It is recommended that you check and follow the label for specific instructions if they are different from what is suggested here.
- Sensitive and injured skin can worsen with the use of bleach. Thus, if you have open cuts, rashes, acute or chronic acne, irritation, or an allergy, it is advisable to take an expert opinion from a dermatologist before you decide to get bleaching done.
- A patch test is highly recommended if you are using the product for the first time. Bleaching products may not be suitable for all skin types. There are specific bleach creams made for acne-prone skin. But it is ideal if you run a patch test before 48 hours to understand how your skin behaves. You can switch up the composition and see what works best for you in this step.
- When you are sure that your skin won’t adversely react to the facial bleach cream, the next phase is to prep for the actual process. We suggest that you should avoid using anything harsh before bleaching. A mild cleanser can work better and not weaken the skin barrier like an active cleanser that may react with the chemicals in bleach. Some brands offer face bleach kits that include a full-fledged beauty prep regime for a safe bleaching routine.
- Keep cool water, cotton pads, ice cubes, or a cold compress handy to combat any irritation.
- You must keep your hair and flyaways secured and away from your face to avoid bleached hair. Tie it into a ponytail or wear a band to avoid unwanted hair staining.
- Avoid the delicate areas like your eyes, eyebrows, and lips. Be careful when you apply the bleach around your nostril area and upper lips. Ensure you extend the application all the way to ear lobes, neck, and back. You can even bleach your hands, feet, and back.
- Lastly, always follow the directions given with the product to get satisfactory results.
During Application of Facial Bleach Cream
- Clean Your Face
Use a gentle cleanser or face wash to clean your face before applying the face bleach cream. It helps the bleach cream to work effectively. Sebum and grime are a major hindrance in the bleaching process and can result in uneven bleaching.Cleaning the face is an important step before bleaching that should not be missed. Thus, wash your face thoroughly to remove any dirt or residue, and use a bleaching cream that suits your skin type.
Apply the cream in the direction of your facial hair growth. Avoid sensitive areas like eyes, eyebrows, and lips. Apply a thin layer to the area surrounding your lips to reduce tingling and itchiness. Ensure even application of the cream all over your face and wait for the time recommended on the product. Usually, you can wait for 15 to 20 minutes.
Once the time is up, take a cotton ball or a clean tissue, dip it in cold water, and gently wipe off the bleach. Do not let the product get in your eye during this step. You may feel a bit of tingling. In such cases, grab an ice cube and run it over those areas to soothe the skin, and then pat it dry with a soft facial towel.
- Take a hydrating moisturiser to make your skin soft and supple.
- Before stepping out of home in the daylight, put on a generous amount of sunscreen to avoid melanin production and UV damage. Sunlight naturally increases melanin production to protect the layers under the epidermis from UV rays. SPF does a wonderful job as a barrier against harmful ultraviolet radiation and slows down melanin production.
- To soothe your skin, you can apply natural ingredients like aloe vera or a face pack with rose water and fuller earth, also known as multani mitti, as aftercare.
Woovly offers a vast category of skincare products under several brands that cater to every skin type. Add a great range of skincare items to your shopping cart and get them delivered at your doorstep. Pay securely through a secure payment gateway and keep adding goodness to your skin from the comfort of your home.
- Is bleaching suitable for my skin?
Bleaching is considered to be safe when used in healthy amount. It is always recommended that you use bleach in the prescribed ratio to avoid adverse reactions and irritation. Some of the best face bleach creams in India include products like Khadi Natural Anti-Acne Solutions Mini Kit. It has an entire bleaching regime suitable for acne-prone skin.
- How often can one bleach their face?
Overuse of bleach may weaken your skin barrier. It is safe to bleach your face once a month to get a fresh look, or before attending an occasion or a function. There should be a gap of at least fifteen days before your next bleaching schedule.
- Is bleaching suitable for men’s skin?
Bleaching is effective when done correctly for any gender. Explore options available specifically for bleach cream for men. Use a mild and gentle cleanser to remove all the dirt and grime for even deep cleaning and bleaching, followed by a cooling face pack.
- Can bleach permanently reduce pigmentation?
Bleach does not work deeply to alter skin colour or melanin production permanently. It visibly reduces any hyperpigmentation and brings out an even tone.
- Can we apply moisturiser after bleach?
After bleaching your skin, your face becomes sensitive and cannot stand the UV rays from direct sunlight. It is recommended that you avoid stepping out in sun immediately post bleaching, or put on sunscreen for SPF protection before stepping out. Bleaching may strip your skin of moisture, and you may need to hydrate the same immediately. Thus, using a moisturiser is very important before lathering up some SPF.